Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Science Tests

I really don't like Science Tests.
At all.
I don't mind Reading or Math tests. Social Studies tests are painful but straightforward. Science tests, however, are pretty bad.
I will call my science teacher Virgen, since that's what he calls himself when he play the Pokemon TCG, I believe. This results in some pretty hilarious insults, but I have no reason to insult him, really.
Anyway, Mr. Virgen really likes precision of speech. I no longer raise my hand because if I get a word wrong it doesn't really go through his brain properly and register "Oh, hey, this guy got the question right! Good job Sam!" It mostly just makes him go "Meh, that's decent. Next person."
Socrative and CK12 are the embodiment of this frustration. These are both computer programs for testing, grading, and homework that take short-answer responses from students. This means that if the question is:
"What is the freezing temperature of water in Celsius?"
You would put in 0, right?
Well, the computer program doesn't know that. It thinks that "zero" is the right answer, but not "0". In other words, it's only programmed to take one answer.
This is catastrophic when you have to take a test. I just finished the one for today, and I'm really anxious. I hope I make it, and I'm sure I will...
I think.

~Sam

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello and welcome to Team Firefly! We're really happy you want to comment, as we always appreciate other people's thoughts.
There are, however, a few rules.
1. No profanity. This means no swearing, inappropriate topics, or anything over PG-13.
2. No spam. This is a no-brainer.
3. No link shorteners.

Thanks for checking out our blog!